Monday, November 17, 2014

"Hold It Son"


I was trying to get Matty buckled up in his car seat this morning. 
 
Side Note:  He likes to bring a toy to school with him (as if they didn’t have a thousand toys already), but the toys he wanted to bring we didn’t want him to lose.  So we told him to pick something else from the little toy bucket in the car. 
 
Before he would sit still enough for me to buckle him in, he start rummaging through his toy bucket.  I asked him to wait until I was finished with the car seat, because it was raining outside (and my rear end was hanging outside the comfortable confines of our Camry), and because I was just impatient.  I told him, in night so kind a tone, to sit back and let daddy finish. 
 
He sat up and said (with all the sass in the world), “Hold it SON.  Just a minute.” 
 
Michelle instantly started laughing (not audibly…God bless her).  I was chuckling to myself and couldn’t even get the next words out of my mouth with a straight face. 
 
Matty 1, Daddy 0.

No comments:

Post a Comment